Global apparel retailer Uniqlo launches the LifeWear Magazine Issue 07, 2022 Fall/Winter. The theme of this latest publication is “Today’s Classics,” showcasing designs that are at first glance traditional and basic but updated with modern details. The Issue 07, 2022 Fall/Winter also focuses on clothing that reflects the ingenuity and a commitment to quality manufacturing, contemplating the standards of the future through a variety of fashion stories and interviews.
Takahiro Kinoshita, Fast Retailing Group Executive Vice President and Creative Director commented: “The 2022 Fall/Winter issue of the LifeWear magazine is a contemplation of ‘old yet new,’ the timeless that exists in our world. The outdated disappears, while the flashy is soon dismissed. But old things that feel eternally new have special value. ‘Today’s Classics’ are central to the spirit of LifeWear, which aims to honor history while constantly evolving. This issue reflects that idea. The cover art borrows from the archive of textile-dyeing artist Keita Miyairi, presenting wonderful ‘old yet new’ artwork.“
Main Contents of Issue 07, 2022 Fall/Winter
• Today’s Classics in London. The opening pages are adorned with a fashion feature captured in London. Classic items updated with modern materials and silhouettes, such as trench coats, wool suits, duffel coats, and pea coats, are modeled by 14 Londoners as continually evolving LifeWear.
• Hello, Mame (Interview with Maiko Kurogouchi). Maiko Kurogouchi, the designer of the Mame Kurogouchi womenswear label, is about to release her fourth collaboration collection with Uniqlo. In this feature interview, she discusses her exacting standards for materials and curved lines, asserting that “I felt that with Uniqlo, I would be able to create underwear that broke the mold, something truly special.” Interviewed in her native Nagano Prefecture, the discussion also explores her roots and values.
• Salut, Paris! Developed in collaboration with l’étiquette, a French periodical that weaves intricate stories set against the backdrop of stylings and items that capture the Parisian perspective, this fashion story shot on location in Paris focuses on the latest collection from Uniqlo U. Eight men and women present their outfit stylings, centered on outerwear that combines functionality and beauty, as well as sophisticated knitwear. The neutral colors standing out against the streets of Paris will whet the appetite for shopping.
• John Pawson and his Home Farm. This article features the villa owned by British minimalist architect John Pawson in the Cotswolds, in the U.K. This home farm, built in 1610 and renovated over nearly six years, is truly something that is both old and new. The story explores the design philosophy of a man seeking to create ageless designs.
• Unique Clothing/Joyful Upcycling. Unique Clothing is a serial feature that looks at Uniqlo masterpieces, the basic items that continue to evolve. Issue 07, 2022 Fall/Winter presents fluffy fleece, which from this season features 100% recycled polyester fabrics for the main body. An accompanying feature, Joyful Upcycling, introduces the upcycling and repair services launched at Uniqlo stores around the world, including London, Berlin, and New York.
LifeWear magazine is a free publication that conveys the Uniqlo LifeWear philosophy of making the everyday lives of people richer and more comfortable.
Visit https://www.uniqlo.com/jp/en/contents/lifewear-magazine/ to know more
creative wordpress theme