Ber months are here! As this season ushers in a sense of reflection and change, much like the evolving dating landscape, millennials have redefined their priorities toward relationships and commitment. Many people find themselves taking a step back from finding ‘The One’, driven by a desire to focus on personal growth and others rediscovering themselves after having walked away from long-term relationships.
Dating Renaissance, a trend coined by the women-first dating app, Bumble, describes how many people are experiencing a renaissance in their dating lives. According to Bumble’s Dating Trends 2023 survey, close to half (46%) of Filipinos on Bumble have ended a marriage or serious relationship in the last two years*. Yet, after the chapter of a wonderful relationship ends, a new story of self-discovery and romantic exploration begins. The dating app also reported that an overwhelming majority of Filipinos on Bumble (87%) feel positive about dating as they head into 2023. In fact, people are now jumping into their second chapter, with 2 in 5 (42%) Filipinos using dating apps for the first time, learning to navigate new dating languages and codes.
While there’s excitement in rekindling romance and beginning new journeys, there are still lingering concerns and fears among people who are taking their second shot at love.
According to Bumble’s recent study**, the majority of Filipino singles (57%) worry about the potential of getting hurt, while others find it challenging to trust people (54%) and are fearful of meeting the wrong person (51%). Nevertheless, Filipinos are bravely navigating the evolving landscape of dating despite these hurdles.
A shift in dating norms
With the dating landscape undergoing a notable shift, platforms like Bumble are at the forefront of addressing the changing needs and expectations of people seeking love and companionship. In fact, the elder millennials are now seeking more meaningful connections. The desire to settle down, nurture healthy relationships, and begin starting families serves as a driving force, prompting them to prioritize connections that offer depth and compatibility. Bumble’s existing features like Question Games, Profile Prompts, Lifestyle Filters, and Interest Badges encourage healthier connections and long-term relationship opportunities for Filipinos.
Things to know when you’re ready to date again
After experiencing heartbreak or months of being single, you might wonder what to remember when you begin to date again. As you cross this new chapter, you need to keep these things in mind:
• Start by taking it easy. Give yourself time to heal and adjust after a breakup or period of being single before entering a new relationship. Take things slowly, and don’t rush into dating again until you feel emotionally ready. Take time to reflect on your past experiences and learn from them.
• Try to be specific about the kind of person you are looking for. Knowing what you look for in a potential partner is important. It can help you avoid wasting time on people who may not align with your goals. By having some guiding criteria, you can make more informed dating decisions.
• Use Bumble’s features to find your match. Bumble has a few features that help you find what you’re looking for if you consider getting back into dating. With Bumble Premium, you get access to Advanced Filters. It allows you to search based on age, distance, religion, politics, education level, the kind of relationship someone is looking for, and more. Plus, there’s another feature called Incognito Mode. With this, you can swipe usually, but your profile will be hidden from other users, and only those who have swiped right on you will see it.
• Trust your gut. Pay attention to your intuition when interacting with potential partners. You should listen to your feelings if something isn’t right or you have doubts. In the long run, trusting your gut can help you avoid situations that are not healthy.
• Date at your own speed. Dating doesn’t have to be rushed. Go at your own pace and take your time. Don’t feel pressured to follow a specific timeline or conform to people’s expectations. It’s perfectly okay to take things slow if that feels right for you.
Navigating the twists and turns of modern dating undoubtedly poses challenges. However, amidst the trials you’ll encounter, the possibility of finding genuine romance is undeniably rewarding and worth the effort. The only thing you need to do is make the first move with Bumble. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and explore your options. You never know what you’ll find!
Bumble is free to download and available worldwide in the App Store and Google Play.
creative wordpress theme