If you are 60 and above, read this. The coronavirus can affect anyone but it’s older adults, ages 60 and up, who are more at risk of getting seriously sick from it. Is there a cure for it? None at the moment, but over 80,000 worldwide have already survived it.
Internist-cardiologist Willie Ong says that a total of 26.4% of the total cases in the Philippines comprise patients belonging to the said population. That’s why mature adults are particularly encouraged to keep calm and follow recommendations from the experts.
So Sure Bladder Leakage Pads, a product that’s designed to manage a mature adult’s leaky bladder, presents these health tips to help you remain level-headed in this season of uncertainty:
Entertainment Journalists Cristy Fermin & Lolit Solis count on So Sure’s affordable protection for their leaky bladder
- Practice social distancing. Do everything you can to reduce exposure to the virus. Avoid crowds, mass transit systems, and other non-essential social gatherings. Of course, this does not mean social isolation. You can still opt for family game nights, reading a book, cooking a meal, indoor exercises, and group video calls. Since families have been among the most significant hotspots of transmission, avoid sharing utensils or any means that may acquire another’s saliva. Younger and healthier family members should be encouraged to practice distancing from mature household members as they may be asymptomatic carriers. Separate towels, bags, ballpens and anything that may carry unwelcome viruses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. You know where to find them. Avoid hospitals except in emergency cases. If possible, call ahead before visiting your doctor. According to St. Luke’s Medical Center’s oncologist Denky Dela Rosa, MD, senior citizens who have the following conditions are at higher risk: asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, tuberculosis, or any lung disease, diabetes, heart and kidney problems especially those undergoing dialysis, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or any liver problems, an autoimmune system like lupus. Those who are taking Prednisone, Dexamethasone, Decilone, or Medrol, and those diagnosed with any cancer at any stage are also most vulnerable and are strictly advised to self-quarantine.
- Minimize news consumption. It’s good to stay informed but don’t get too obsessed with the news. Research shows that chronic TV watchers and news followers have increased fear because everything they see starts to feel like occurring outside their very door. Filter information. Keep yourselves away not only from the virus but also from negativity and fake news. Maximize the use of technology by connecting with family and friends to minimize anxiety. Find time to clear your mind through prayers and meditation. Do some light exercises and sunlight exposure. Read positive books and articles. Or go for activities that stimulate your cerebellum, the part of the brain that coordinates balance, posture, and movement. This part of the brain works closely with the cerebrum, the thinking center of the brain. When these two work properly, learning and movements are seamless and easier. You can go writing, drawing, catching a ball, or sewing.
- Be proactive and keep your immune system strong. Get ample sleep, exercise, and eat well. Plan your meals to include immune system boosters such as citrus fruits, garlic, broccoli, spinach, turmeric, green tea, papaya, poultry, and shellfish and zinc sources like beef, oyster, asparagus, and malunggay. Go for a quick sunlight exposure just at your doorsteps between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. for your daily dose of Vitamin D. Load up on water. And of course, keep in mind your dietary limitations as advised by your doctor.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Should there be a need to go out, quickly take a shower as the virus can thrive for a few hours on the clothes. Wear a face mask around people and pets. Refrain from handshaking and touching your face. Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard it immediately. Use a tissue or your elbow to touch switches and elevator buttons. Sanitize phones, doorknobs, and other items that you usually touch. Members of the household should also practice the same.
- Avoid public toilets. COVID-19 is transmitted through droplets. In some public toilets, we can smell the stink even before entering. In other toilets, the floors are wet, the toilet bowls are soiled, and the sinks are dirty. Your risk of exposure here is elevated.
However, for some who experience incontinence, you may have to go to the toilet all the time. Others have overactive bladders and cannot make it to the toilet because of weak bladder control. Needs vary from one individual to another. Good thing, So Sure made its pads available to fit comfortably for urine leaks. Whether it’s a light or moderate incontinence condition, So Sure Bladder Leakage Pad is here to provide comfort and protection. So Sure 340mm Pads are designed for light flow while So Sure 450mm Pads are made to cater to moderate incontinence.
Talk show host Cristy Fermin makes sure her sleep is undisturbed to keep her mood up for her daily grind. She trusts So Sure 450mm pads because they absorb heavy amounts of urine and guide it through the inner layers of the pad while keeping her fresh. “What I like most about it is its ability to eliminate urine’s strong scent. I love waking up every day free from odor and irritation”, she says.
Entertainment journalist Lolit Solis’ bladders tend to overreact and sometimes, sneezing, laughing, or coughing result in light drips. She uses So Sure 340mm pads made of high quality, super absorbent cotton that keeps her sensitive area free from moisture and bacteria. According to her, “incontinence can no longer affect my daily living and busy work schedule because I have discovered So Sure that provides me my much-needed protection against discomfort and embarrassment”.
With So Sure Pads, you can be sure incontinence does not hinder you from doing the things you love while experiencing antibacterial, antifungal, and odor control protection.
Unisex and available in two sizes, 340 mm is for light drips or spurts while the 450 mm for burst or surges. Buy now at all Watsons, Mercury Drug, Waltermart, selected Robinson Department Store health & beauty section nationwide for only P204 (340 mm) and P294 (450 mm). Each pack contains two pieces or 24 pieces per box. To know more, visit www.sosurepads.ph and like/follow at @sosurepadsph on Facebook and Instagram. For a hassle-free shopping with delivery straight to your doorstep, shop now at www.lazada.com.ph. For inquiries, email: [email protected] or call (02) 4701294.
creative wordpress theme