75th Anniversary of Philippine-French Diplomatic Relations Reaches Peak
with Highlighted Events
From October 2022 to January 2023, the Philippine and French embassies will feature several events that highlight the ever-strengthening relationship between the Philippines and France.
In a press conference held on October 18, Ambassador of France to the Philippines, Her Excellency Michèle Boccoz, and Assistant Secretary Jaime Victor B. Ledda, Assistant Secretary Office of European Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs, presented the line-up of activities that highlight French and Filipino collaboration, talent, and creativity.
This year’s 75th anniversary is a half-year-long gala that illustrates the steadfast friendship between the two countries. The festivities will reach their peak this month of October, with four major events planned to inspire and amaze the public, such as the Marcel Proust-inspired art exhibit called, “In Search of Lost Time” by Stéphane Heuet that opened on October 16.
Other events will be held in November and December, with a closing ceremony to be conducted around the middle of January, in line with the Sinulog Festival.
With the highlighted events, both embassies hope to showcase the continuing commitment of France and the Philippines to boost and expand their partnership on various fronts, most notably in trade and investment, defense and maritime cooperation, industrial development, climate action, and culture and people-to-people exchanges.
The line-up of these upcoming events includes:
- “In Search of Lost Time”, a Marcel Proust-inspired cartoon art exhibit by Stéphane Heuet
- Alliance Française de Manille presents a series of exhibitions to include the outcome of the Philippine Artist Residency Program PARP, a Louis Guillaume exhibit, 75 Faces of French-Phil Connections, and the Escape Exhibit
- The 25th French Film Festival offers a program of new releases of French cinema, and special guest stars to meet Filipino film professionals and initiate joint film projects.
- Gastronomy – 3-star Michelin Chef Alain Passard collaborates with renowned Filipino chefs Jessie and Margarita Fores to create dishes that bring together French and Filipino flavors.
- Premières et Encores – A modern ballet collaboration between Alice Reyes Dance Philippines and French choreographer, Redha Benteifour.
- Street Art Mural
- France Alumni Award
- French Christmas Market – French Chef and Restaurateur bring to the Philippines the traditional French Christmas Market to join the month-long celebration of the season at the Ayala Triangle Gardens.
- The Little Paris Singers perform back-to-back with the Loboc Children’s Choir in a series of concerts from Loboc to Manila and Pasay
- “Free to Play” Decathlon Inclusion Day – A 2-day sports event
- “Breakthrough” – An extraordinary circus show at Ateneo de Iloilo performed by the Cirquero de Cameleon.
Diplomatic relations between France and the Philippines were first established in 1947 when both countries signed the Treaty of Amity in Paris. Since then, both countries have taken significant steps to ensure a free and open Indo-Pacific area and uphold international law. Joint action in the fight against climate change and the promotion of cultural exchanges are undertaken between the French and Filipino people.
The celebration of the 75th Anniversary in 2022 through all the events jointly organized by the Embassy and Filipino partners highlight the strong and vibrant relations between the two countries, mixing business with pleasure, from gastronomy to art, basketball to the cinema, education to dance, and everything in between.
The enthusiasm of both people in working together, creating together, playing together, and performing together is a significant and meaningful promise for a bright future for the next 75 years.
creative wordpress theme